Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: Opinion on Young Filmmakers

  1. #21
    Inactive Member deepcope's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    8 and 13 how far into making a film are you ? still just ideas a dream

    (personally im working on a script and trying to piece a crew together out of freinds)

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 8 and 1/3 Minutes's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2000
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    I'm going to start shooting my first feature next week!!!! I'm excited. biggrin I've written a lot of shorts and I have ideas for about 3 more features. I'm my own crew (except for some of my more fashion inclined friends who are costume people). I have friends as actors and a $150 budget, which won't run out. It's the ultimate cheap film!!! But it will rock!!! Sorry, really pumped about it.
    ~Paige

  3. #23
    Inactive Member deepcope's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2000
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    okay you got me intrested if its as good as you say it is, lets hear a bit about the story line etc of the one your working on

  4. #24
    Inactive Member mercona's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I was 13 I made my a 15 minute long film. It was my own take on Aliens vs Predator. I was fond of the comic and concept. So my friend, younger brother and I got some materials together and made it. It was a lot of fun and really just for fun. I had made a couple of small films by that time but I never thought of it as a career because movies were like magic and only for the professionals. Then at 14 I got in a rock band and did that until at the age of seventeen when I made a mature decision to persue a career as a film maker. Anyway, enough with my life story. About the film:
    My friend had a predator mask. A wooden chest burster he made and a predator gauntlet and shoulder canon he made. I guess you could say he was our special effects guy. He was good with materials.
    We used an alien action figure for our full size alien. It was really cheesy but fun. I would love to be able to show it to you all but I can't.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member 8 and 1/3 Minutes's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2000
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Well, the title of this piece is my sn. (8 and 1/3 Minutes) This is how long it takes the sun's light to hit the earth. It takes place in the hypothetic present day, when scientists are afraid the sun's is going to "go out". These scientists have a way of monitoring the sun (some sort of satellite). My story centers on 5 friends who live at this time (2 boys, 3 girls; all around 15) and hear an announcement on the radio (they have a station that monitors the satillites) that the sun has gone out and there will be 8 and 1/3 minutes left before darkness covers earth. The story from there follows these five people and shows what they do. Before I tell you what they do I'll introduce the characters.

    Mercedes: a self-assured girl who takes charge and lets it be known what she wants; she also has a crush on Quincy, but no one knows

    Quincy: a laid back soccer player who defends people, and doesn't neccessarily take charge.

    Shoot, I have to go, I'll tell you all teh rest later.

    ~Paige

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    sounds abit liek stevens king the beach ? , so far.....

  7. #27
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    Can I make one comment?
    Einstein showed that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light.
    In your story you have scientists monitoring the sun. At some point the sun 'goes out'.
    How come they know this before the last rays/photons of sunlight reach earth?
    Not by radio signals, they travel slower than light.
    Does 'information' travel faster than sunlight?
    If you are interested in this (if it matters to your story) then take a look at some popular science books, such as those by John Gribbin.
    There are all sorts of wonderful things going on in astrophysics that you might find interesting.
    I wont go into anymore detail here, but if you want to go into any technical details in the story then make sure you get the facts right. It might be interesting to twist this paradox in with the characters relaitionships?
    Just a thought.

  8. #28
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    on the other hand it might not matter at all, and they simply watch the deterioration of the sun and make a prediction when it will burn out.

    blah blah blah

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If the last light hit the earth at 8.30 minswouldnt there still be 8.30 light left as there would still be the light travleing from outer space at where the last light was along every second of the distance between the earth and the sun ?

  10. #30
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    What he means is that if the sun broke down at 10:00:00 am tommorrow, it wouldnt get dark straight away. It would gradually get darker and darker, until at 10:08:20, it would be pitch black, cold and not get light again. Ever. Bit like cornwall last August.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •